Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Green Juice

Now that Elvis is clean I felt like I could use a little cleansing too so I decided to break out our juicer from the moving boxes.  I'm a huge fan of green juice for its many health benefits.  I'll sometimes replace my breakfast with a green juice once in a while to get my day off to a healthy start and get a full days worth of fruits and veggies in one serving.    The color doesn't always look so appetizing but if you use the right combo of fruits and veggies it can really taste great, I promise!

One of my bridesmaids got us an amazing Breville Juicer for a wedding gift and its definitely one of my favorite, and most used, kitchen tools. 

I like to add a leafy green to the mix if at all possible because comined with fruit you don't even taste it.  Today I decided to try kale.  I combined it with some other fruits and veggies and it was delicious and super healthy.  


Here's the recipie if you want to try it out.

1/2  bag of pre-chopped kale
 2    small cucumbers
 2    granny smith apples cut into pieces
 3    stalks of celery cut into small pieces
 1    whole pineapple peeled, cored and cut into pieces

Makes about 2 16 oz. glasses of juice. 




1 comment:

  1. Let's get real here - the juicer should only be used for watermelon martinis ;) xo

    ReplyDelete