Monday, June 25, 2012

Bath time for Elvis

I save a lot of money bathing Elvis at home rather than taking him to a groomer.  We started giving him baths ourselves when he was just a puppy so he get used to it and now doesn't seems to mind it at all.  In fact, he usually comes trotting into the bathroom as soon as he hears the bathtub water running.  Because he has short hair it doesn't need to be cut so I felt like the groomer was a waste of money.  I can buy a bottle of puppy shampoo at PetCo for a 1/4 of what I would pay for one bath at the groomer too.  For today's bath I tried a new de-shedding shampoo (by FURminator - my new favorite brand) that I found at PetCo.  We'll see if it actually helps with the shedding but it does smell like pineapple which is great!

Elvis is a total baby after the bath though.  He loves to be wrapped up in a towel and hang out in our laps or on his bed while he dries.  Here are a few shots of bath time...he's so spoiled 





1 comment:

  1. I love Elvis! He looks adorable under the towels!

    nancy (from West LA Frenchie meet up)

    ReplyDelete